Edmond begins major road construction project
EDMOND, Okla.- The volatile Oklahoma weather takes a toll on our roads but drivers in Edmond will have a chance to drive on newly paved streets in some parts of town.
The city’s engineering department is overseeing the $1.7 million project that will be implemented in three phases.
The first phase will focus on base repairs including potholes, cracks, curb and gutter issues.
Then, crews will use a mill process to remove up to two inches of the base to prepare the road for an overlay.
The project began Monday with seven different roads across town.
Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the process for each project.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger