OU softball superstar gets first professional start
NORMAN, Okla.- A former OU softball superstar made her first professional pitching start on Saturday.
Keilani Ricketts got the nod for the USSSA Pride in their game against the New York/New Jersey Comets.
Ricketts pitched three innings, gave up three runs and struck out four batters.
She did not get a decision.
Ricketts led the Sooners to the NCAA national title this season and had planned to play this summer for USA Softball.
A contract dispute with USA Softball led Ricketts to sign with the Pride.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him