Car crashes into power pole, claims one life
OKLAHOMA CITY- Authorities have not released the identity of a woman who was killed in a single-vehicle accident on the city’s southwest side this morning.
Police were called to the area of S.W. 149th St. and Meridian just before midnight after a car crashed into a telephone pole.
Officials say a woman was driving southbound on Meridian when her car left the road and hit the pole.
She was pronounced dead at the scene..
Police say speed played a significant role in the crash.
In fact, the impact of the accident was so severe that it uprooted the pole, causing extensive damage to the vehicle.
Power lines were hanging from the telephone pole and OG&E was immediately called to make repairs.
At this time, authorities are still investigating what caused that woman to lose control of her vehicle.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online