Coburn leads boycott against embattled nominee
OKLAHOMA CITY- A U.S. senator from Oklahoma is leading a boycott against the president’s nominee for the deputy homeland security chief.
Sen. Tom Coburn is leading a boycott of a confirmation hearing for Alejandro Mayorkas.
He says it would be unfair to the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee to hold a confirmation hearing while Mayorkas is under information.
In a statement, Coburn said, “Holding this hearing in light of an active investigation into serious, relevant allegations of professional misconduct by the nominee, and over the objections of the ranking member and others, appears to be virtually without precedent in the history of this or any other Senate committee.”
Mayorkas is under scrutiny for allegations that he improperly intervened to help a company get visas for Chinese investors.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger