Downtown Airpark, OKC’s newest music venue
OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma City Downtown Airpark has been transformed into the newest place to jam out.
Stages are set, tents are up and crews have worked around the clock to create a memorable music experience.
From vocals, to the bass, hundreds of staff members have been working day and night, all to fine tune the Downtown Airpark.
“This is the newest amphitheater to grace Oklahoma City,” promoter Brad White said.
White said this new music venue ties into the ever-growing success of Oklahoma City.
Offering a place for people to simply have a good time and enjoy different genres of music from rock and roll, to country and punk.
“We want to have a safe place, a clean place, a place where they can lay out a blanket, bring their kids, bring their family,” White said.
Downtown Airpark embodies the people’s venue; you have the Oklahoma City skyline as your backdrop and a place of entertainment for you to get connected.
Not only will the park offer well-known music artists but there will be different styles of events, like car shows.
With the concert series in full force, some exciting groups will take the stage in the near future.
“Motley Crue, The Lumineers, those are the ones I can tell you about, there are some other cool things in the works,” White said.
The kickoff concert is Thursday night, Sublime is the main act.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online