OSU basketball star confirms last year in Stillwater before NBA
LAS VEGAS - Oklahoma State’s all-america basketball star Marcus Smart is the only college player taking part in the Team USA mini-camp in Las Vegas.
The 6-foot-4 Big 12 “Player of the Year” confirmed something we’ve already known after Wednesday’s practice, this next season at OSU will be his last in Stillwater.
Smart said he surprised everyone when he announced he would return after his sensational first season as a true freshman when he was a consensus all-america and led the Cowboys back to the NCAA Tournament after several years away.
Smart later shocked all OSU fans by announcing he would be back for his sophomore season, along with teammates LeBryan Nash and Markel Brown, who also passed up early entries to the NBA.
Smart was quoted in a Las Vegas newspaper saying, “It’s safe to say that if, by the grace of God, I’m healthy and everything, this will be my last year at Oklahoma State. Nothing will change my mind on that.”
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse