Edmond police searching for 2014 cadets
EDMOND, Okla.- If you have always wanted to make a difference in your community, the Edmond Police Department is looking for you.
The department is looking for potential cadets to take part in the 2014 Edmond Police Academy.
Applications will be available beginning on July 30 and running through September 20.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21-years-old.
- In good physical condition.
- A United States citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma State Driver’s License.
- Must have a driving record acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier.
- Must have an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment.
- Must have basic knowledge of how to use a computer.
Cadets must also fall into one of the following categories:
- 60 or more hours of college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and two years prior of full-time police experience.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and four years military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and served four years as a full-time Edmond Police Department jailer.
Preliminary applications can be filled out on the police department’s website.
Once they are approved, candidates will receive a police officer application packet.
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car