10-year-old Colorado boy takes control of speeding car
GOLDEN, Colo. — When Gryffin Sanders saw his great grandmother pass out behind the wheel of a car while going 60 miles per hour, he wasn’t quite sure what was happening. A few moments later, the boy knew he had to do something.
“My first thought was actually, is this a test or what?” Gryffin, 10, said. “My heart was thumping.”
Gryffin said his great grandmother, 74-year-old Darlene Nestor, passed out while in mid-sentence.
“I tried to wake her up at first,” Gryffin said. “Then, I just took the wheel and drove it into the ditch.”
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online