Children designing dream playground for Moore community
MOORE, Okla. – Children in Moore are encouraged to dream big as a handful of companies team up to make those dreams a reality.
Tuesday, children went to Emmaus Baptist Church to design their dream playground.
Kids will be able to draw what they want and elements from the pictures will be incorporated into a final design for the new community playground.
The playground will be built on Sept. 7 at the church, which will serve as the site for children who were supposed to attend Briarwood Elementary School.
Organizers say in the aftermath of the tornadoes, play becomes even more critical as it creates a sense of normalcy and provides an emotional outlet for children.
The project is being made possible with the help of the Moore Public School District, Emmaus Baptist Church, Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children, Nike, Inc. and KaBOOM!.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse