S.C. administrator travels to Moore to drop off $11,000 donation
MOORE, Okla.- School administrators traveled over 1,000 miles Monday to deliver a donation to two elementary school principals in Moore.
Molly Spearman, executive director of the South Carolina Association of School Administrators, arrived in the Sooner State on Monday to deliver an $11,000 check to those affected by the May storms.
Spearman met with Shelley Jaques-McMillin, principal at Briarwood Elementary School, and Amy Simpson, principal of Plaza Towers Elementary School, during the visit.
“The Moore school leaders were wonderful examples of great leadership and compassion during the recent tragedy,” Spearman stated. “They made all of us proud to be a part of the education family. All contributions are a gift of love from their counterparts in South Carolina.”
Administrators across South Carolina donated to the group’s Tornado Relief Fund to help the schools rebuild in the coming months.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger