Fast food workers protest for $15 per hour
Fast food workers in seven states are protesting for higher wages.
They said they want employers to raise their pay from minimum wage to $15 per hour.
A new study from Kansas State University shows what would happen to food prices if restaurants like McDonald’s paid their employees more.
The pay increase would send up the price of a Big Mac 68 cents, from $3.99 to $4.67.
The study said every item on the Dollar Menu would cost about 17 cents more.
However, according to the study results, McDonald’s could afford to give their workers a raise.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns