Prepackaged salad could be making you sick
WASHINGTON – Health officials say pre-packaged salad may be to blame for an outbreak of Cyclospora.
The FDA said after an investigation, nearly 80 percent of patients sick with the illness ate bagged salad mix.
However, officials are not specifying a certain brand that is behind the disease.
Experts said despite what you read on the bag, customers should wash all fruits and vegetables before eating them.
“We look at that bag and they may say pre-washed and so forth but still, standards across the industry may vary,” Barbara Chadwick said. “It’s just a good rule of thumb and a good habit to wash them again.”
State and federal investigators said contaminated pre-packaged salad mix was also found in Nebraska.
However, the CDC said the salad mix is not linked to all the cases.
So far, more than 370 people have gotten sick across 15 states.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him