Man arrested for stealing copper from cell tower
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – It all started, and ended at a cell phone tower in Southwest OKC. One man was taken in custody, and charged with trying to steal copper wiring right from the tower Thursday afternoon.
Police have not released his name. Investigators say the man drove up to the cell tower on his red bike, and used bolt cutters to try and cut the wire.
The man didn’t get much before police say a security camera on the cell tower caught his movements and the alarm company alerted police.
AT&T released a statement thanking law enforcement for their quick action.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online