Mother charged with abuse after catching daughter’s hair on fire
HAILEYVILLE, Okla.- A 25-year-old woman is being charged with child abuse after she accidentally caught her daughter’s hair on fire.
Authorities say 25-year-old Shana Suggs doused her daughter’s head with gasoline as a treatment for head lice.
Police say the fumes from the gasoline were ignited by the hot water tank, which caught the little girl’s hair on fire.
Suggs’ boyfriend ran toward the bathroom when he heard screaming and found both of them on fire.
Suggs was treated for burns on her forearms, hands and right foot.
The girl suffered second and third-degree burns over 60 percent of her body.
Suggs is being charged with child abuse by injury.
She remains in jail on a $25,000 bail.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom