NSA leaker Snowden granted asylum in Russia
MOSCOW, Russia- A former NSA contractor who turned the spotlight on a secret government program has received temporary asylum in Russia.
Edward Snowden has received asylum in Russia for one year and left the transit zone of the Moscow airport where he had been staying since leaving Hong Kong on June 23.
Snowden’s lawyer said his whereabouts would be kept secret for security reasons.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Snowden could receive asylum in the country if he stopped leaking U.S. secrets.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'