UCO to co-host National Tornado Summit
This photograph was taken on Sunday, May 19 2013 at 4:14 PM on the roof of UCO's Howell Hall by Dr. Jim Bidlack (Professor of Biology). He headed for shelter shortly thereafter in the basement of the building and worked on a manuscript until it was safe to go back upstairs. Very exciting!
EDMOND, Okla. – The University of Central Oklahoma has been selected to co-host the 2014 National Tornado Summit.
The annual summit serves as a forum for national and state experts to discuss ways to improve emergency management, preparedness and response and recovery techniques.
More than 800 emergency managers, policy makers, insurance agents and weather experts from 28 states attended the last summit.
The 2014 event is Feb. 10 – Feb. 11 at the Cox Convention Center downtown.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online