What’s in your bag? Tax-free weekend in full swing
OKLAHOMA CITY — Friday is the first of three days of tax free savings for Oklahoma shoppers on the hunt for clothing and shoes. Most clothing and footwear costing $100 or less qualify. NewsChannel 4 caught up with shoppers to find out what’s in their shopping bags.
For teens Oakley, Converse, Aeropostale, Nike, and Polo were popular choices at the Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City.
Brightly colored clothing, Under Armor, GAP brands were in the bags of younger children. A particular favorite among parents of elementary age school kids was The Children’s Place.
Some customers stocked up on shirts as low as $3.99 each and deep discounts in addition to no sales tax.
In addition to their regular apparel retail giant Wal-Mart also offers school uniforms in store and online. Store officials say back to school shopping is their second largest shopping season behind Christmas.
The retailer cites bright colors as a popular theme among the younger crowd as well as licensed merchandise including cartoon characters and athletes.
Tax free weekend continues through Sunday.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him