Road construction causing daily traffic troubles
OKLAHOMA CITY – Construction work is causing traffic troubles for Oklahoma City drivers, backing up major roads for hours.
These closures will regularly take place nightly, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. through August:
- Westbound I-44 ramp to northbound I-235
- The northbound I-235 ramp to westbound I-44
- The right lane of northbound I-235 between I-44 and N.W. 63rd St.
- The right lane of eastbound I-44 will be closed between Western Ave. and I-235 throughout the project
Many two-lane highways are being squeezed into one lane.
Some drivers say they’re glad to see crews working to improve Oklahoma roads.
“We need probably eight lanes up there [Broadway Extension],” Roscoe Wallace said. “Four lanes is not enough. If we have any little bang up, that backs traffic up almost to a halt.”
ODOT is asking drivers to pay attention and put away cell phones when driving through slow spots.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online