New initiative working to keep OKC students in schools
OKLAHOMA CITY – OKC schools have started a new initiative to get students into their classrooms and help them stay there.
It’s called,”Here! First Day, Everyday,” and is designed to reward students for good attendance for day one.
Schools officials said middle and high school students with perfect attendance for the first full week will each earn a free dress day this month.
Each elementary school principal is planning a special party of event for the students who attend school the first five days.
Students with good attendance records will be entered in a raffle for special prizes throughout the year.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring