Free supplies available for teachers thanks to local charity
OKLAHOMA CITY – Teachers will be able to get free school supplies Tuesday thanks to a locally based charity.
Feed The Children is providing books and classroom supplies to area teachers for free in their “Teacher Store” at their headquarters in Oklahoma City from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Teachers eligible are from Crutcho, Crooked Oak, Mid-Del, Putnam City, Western Heights, Harrah, Little Axe, Jones, Sayre, Anadarko, El Reno, Purcell, Maple, Snyder, Maud, Lexington, Banner, Riverside, Millwood and Moore school districts.
Choctaw, Norman, Oklahoma City and Robin Hill can “shop” in the free store each Wednesday starting Aug. 7.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him