UPDATE: Lincoln County no longer looking for escaped inmate
Lincoln County Escapee
UPDATE: Authorities have said that escaped inmate, Michael Anthony Rhodes, has been apprehended near Vega, Texas off of I-40 in the Texas panhandle. He was still driving the county truck he had stolen earlier. He is being extradited back to Oklahoma.
LINCOLN COUNTY, Okla. – The Lincoln County Sheriff’s office is looking for an escaped inmate Wednesday.
Authorities said Michael Anthony Rhodes was part of a work detail when he stole a county truck and ran.
Rhodes is described as a Native American man “covered in tattoos.”
Deputies said he is about 5-foot-9, 125 pounds and has black hair.
He was last seen wearing a black and white jail uniform.
Rhodes stole a 2005 Dodge Ram truck that has “District 3″ written on the side.
Officials said Rhodes was in jail for possession of stolen property.
He is a non-violent offender.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online