Security guard praised for leading evacuation of Florida vacation villa
CLERMONT, Fla. – An apparent sinkhole has caused a villa at a Clermont, Florida resort to partially collapse while another section of it is sinking.
All 36 families sleeping in the two buildings evacuated said that it was Richard Shanley who made sure each and every one of them got out alive and unscathed.
“I’m just a run-of-the-mill person. I did what I had to do and acted as I had to,” Shanley said.
Shanley was just five minutes into his shift when a guest flagged him down. He then knocked on every single door, getting people out as fast as he could from buildings 104 and 105.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors