Texas boy mows lawns for Moore tornado victims
DALHART, Texas – A boy in Texas spent his summer vacation mowing lawns for extra cash.
But 11-year-old Dyllon Orthman wasn’t working to make money for himself.
Instead, he was raising funds for the victims of the Moore tornado here in Oklahoma.
He said he mowed near 90 lawns in two months and raised about $16,000.
Orthman said, “I worked in 104 degrees. That didn’t stop me. I’m still going on my feet. My dad always says, ‘You’re going to work it to the bone, Dillon.’”
Dyllon’s family took him to Moore to see the devastation first hand.
While he was here in Okklahoma he got to meet the family he adopted to help raise money for repairs at their home.
Some of the money raised will also be donated to a local school shelter.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring