Warr Acres police arrest man for shooting, police chase, crash
WARR ACRES, Okla. – Police have a 26-year-old man in custody after a woman said a he broke into her home and shot her husband Thursday morning.
The woman’s husband is in critical condition at the hospital.
“Someone knocked on the door, homeowner went down there, answered the door, shortly after they [witnesses] heard multiple gunshots,” OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.
“It does appear that the homeowner that answered the door knew the person that possibly shot him,” Capt. Nelson said.
Capt. Nelson said witnesses found the homeowner in the driveway, he had been shot.
Authorities said 26-year-old Darrien Hasmi Clark sped from the house on the 6400 block of N. Peniel in a dark green Mercedes.
“Bethany Police department spotted the vehicle, gave chase to the vehicle,” Capt. Nelson said. “The vehicle crashed near N.W. 39th and St. Charles.”
Clark hit a power pole an took down several power lines.
N.W. 39th Expressway was closed from Ann Arbor and MacArthur while officials clear the scene.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger