Tiny book found at University of Iowa library is huge discovery
DES MOINES, IA — Among the University of Iowa Libraries’ special collection of some 4,000 miniature books, sits the smallest of the small.
“I think it’s just the indescribable appeal to really really tiny things,” said Patrick Olson, a Special Collections Librarian at the university.
The four millimeter book is so tiny it has to be picked up with tweezers, the print too minute to read with the naked eye.
“You bought it because it was the world’s tiniest book at the time, and that was the appeal,” Olson said.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns