Oklahoma ranks high in abuse of women
If this conversation in this video makes you uncomfortable, it’s by design. The YWCA has a new campaign to talk openly about an ugly topic; the physical and emotional abuse of women at the hands of their husbands and boyfriends.
You’re likely to see this PSA about that in the days ahead. Joining us in the KFOR studios to talk about this campaign “Engaging Men” is YWCA CEO Jan Peery.
Domestic abuse may be a taboo topic for many Oklahomans, but the fact is that our state ranks very high in the number of women killed by men.
It is crucial for men to speak out to other men about the issue of domestic violence she says.
The domestic violence hotline is 917-9922.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts