OKC man wins new car at blood drive
OKLAHOMA CITY — What a wonderful way to start off the weekend for Wayne Covey of Oklahoma City. He was one of five finalists as part of the Bob Moore I’ve Got Drive Blood Drive Car Giveaway at Bob Moore Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Oklahoma City.
Covey (pictured taking key from fish bowl) reached into a fish bowl and grabbed a key.
He sat down inside the car, turned the key and the engine started. He jumped out and cheered. When asked what it felt like to win a new car he said, ” It is amazing. I can’t believe it. It was unbelievable and it’s red, too.”
Covey who has donated blood to the Bob Moore I’ve Got Drive Blood Drive for the past several years promised his grand-kids he would take them for a nice, long drive after winning the car.
The Bob Moore Auto Group has supported this successful blood drive working with the Oklahoma Blood Institute for more than 10 years. “
Giving away a car is life changing and it represents a lot of lives changed. We are excited, extremely excited to be a part of this,” said Bridgette Fitch, Public Relations coordinator for the Bob Moore Auto Group.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him