OKC man wins new car at blood drive
OKLAHOMA CITY — What a wonderful way to start off the weekend for Wayne Covey of Oklahoma City. He was one of five finalists as part of the Bob Moore I’ve Got Drive Blood Drive Car Giveaway at Bob Moore Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Oklahoma City.
Covey (pictured taking key from fish bowl) reached into a fish bowl and grabbed a key.
He sat down inside the car, turned the key and the engine started. He jumped out and cheered. When asked what it felt like to win a new car he said, ” It is amazing. I can’t believe it. It was unbelievable and it’s red, too.”
Covey who has donated blood to the Bob Moore I’ve Got Drive Blood Drive for the past several years promised his grand-kids he would take them for a nice, long drive after winning the car.
The Bob Moore Auto Group has supported this successful blood drive working with the Oklahoma Blood Institute for more than 10 years. “
Giving away a car is life changing and it represents a lot of lives changed. We are excited, extremely excited to be a part of this,” said Bridgette Fitch, Public Relations coordinator for the Bob Moore Auto Group.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online