Relieving pain associated with fibromyalgia
OKLAHOMA CITY- Many patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia are left with a lot of unanswered questions about the disorder.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder where patients suffer widespread pain in their body and it’s often accompanied by fatigue and sleep issues along with memory and depression problems.
Some researchers believe the body somehow amplifies pain signals.
Dr. Atul Walia, a pain management specialist at INTEGRIS, stopped by our studios to answer some of those questions about dealing with the pain and alternatives to medication.
For more information on treating Fibromyalgia, visit the Mayo Clinic’s website.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'