Union City organizes benefit for police chief, town clerk
UNION CITY, Okla.- After a motorcycle wreck severely injured the Union City police chief and the town clerk, the community is coming together to help them recover.
Police Chief Eddie Dickerson and Gina Dickerson, the town clerk, were seriously injured when riding to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota earlier this month.
Authorities say the couple’s rear tire blew out, causing them to lose control and fly off their bike.
They were taken to Rapid City Regional Hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The couple suffered numerous broken bones and will not be able to return back to work for a while.
To help with their medical bills, the community organized a benefit dinner and concert for Friday, August 23.
The event kicks off at 5 p.m. at Union City Park.
For just $6, visitors will be able to enjoy a dinner of hamburgers, chips and a dessert.
Small Town Sound will also take the stage to perform for guests from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
If you cannot make it to the event, a fund has been set up at the Bank of Union.
All proceeds will go to Eddie and Gina Dickerson.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts