Former Okla. senator arrested for embezzlement
STONE COUNTY, Miss. – A former Oklahoma State Senator was arrested in Mississippi after he allegedly embezzled money from taxpayers.
Jay Paul Gumm, 50, was the former head of the Stone County Economic Development Partnership and is accused of using that position to embezzle more than $24,000.
Gumm is the third former employee of the partnership to be accused of embezzlement in the last year.
Gumm, who is originally from Durant, served in the Oklahoma State Senate for District 6 from 2002 to 2010.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse