East Central baseball player’s body headed home to Austrailia
DUNCAN, Okla.- Less than a week after being murdered while jogging, an Australian baseball player’s body is returning home to his family.
Christopher Lane’s body was put on a flight headed back to Australia around 6 a.m. Thursday morning.
A fund created to help Lane’s family bring his body back to his hometown has exceeded its goal of $15,000.
On Thursday afternoon, the fund had already received over $104,000 in donations.
Lane, 22, was shot in the back while jogging Friday afternoon in Duncan.
Lane played baseball at East Central University.
Police quickly arrested three suspects for the crime; 15-year-old James Edwards, Jr., 16-year-old Chancey Luna and 17-year-old Michael Jones.
If you would like to donate, visit the Christopher Lane Fund’s website.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'