Frugal Friday: Free fairs, free fun, free date night
Head to Norman’s Lions Park for the annual Midsummer Nights’ Fair Friday and Saturday nights.
It’s free to check out the one-of-a-kind atmosphere.
The Firehouse Art Center is showcasing works from more than 30 local artists.
Everything from pottery to jewelry and sculpture to woodworking.
Kids, don’t miss the children’s art wall where you can exercise your creative side.
A group called LOVE OKC is partnering with local businesses and churches to bring hope to families who could use a little help.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, those in need, storm victims or not, can get groceries, health checks, hair cuts, lunch and even family portraits at the State Fair Grounds.
The whole family can also enjoy the life entertainment and kids activities.
All goods and services are absolutely free.
The Oklahoma County and Canadian County free fairs are underway this weekend.
The name says it all… The fairs are free at State Fair Park and the Canadian County Fairgrounds.
Expect animal shows, live bands, prize drawings, food contests, an art show and, of course, the Farmhand Olympics.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online