Okla. boy goes into remission after 6-year battle with cancer
BETHANY, Okla.- After a six-year battle with cancer, an Oklahoma boy battling leukemia is finally going home.
Chason Andrew, 13, has lived at the Children’s Center for six years.
At just 7-years-old, he was diagnosed with leukemia.
Since then, he’s been in a up-and-down battle with the disease.
In the past six years, he’s gone through chemotherapy and radiation treatments, as well as a bone marrow transplant.
Chason was discharged from the Children’s Center and doctors say he has exceeded their expectations.
Right now, his cancer is in remission and his family is hopeful that he will soon be able to return to school.
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- PHOTOS: Missed the Blood Moon? Watch this time lapse