Girl killed in accident involving two intoxicated drivers
CANTON, Okla. – One person is dead after an accident involving drugs and alcohol in Blaine County.
OHP troopers said two vehicles were driving north when one stopped to turn and the other car clipped it while trying to pass it on the outside.
The car hit slid and then rolled ejecting the passenger out of the door.
Authorities said 21-year-old Courtney Ruiz from Fairview was pronounced dead at the scene.
Both drivers and one other passenger were taken to the hospital.
After they were treated both drivers went to the Blaine County Sheriff’s Department.
According to the accident report, one driver was under the influence of alcohol and the other was under the influence of drugs.
The names of the others involved have not been released.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him