OSU carrying Big 12 banner in season opener
STILLWATER, Okla. - When 14th-ranked Oklahoma State kicks off its 2013 season against Mississippi State on the final afternoon of this month, like it or not, OSU will be carrying the banner of the Big 12 Conference when they take the field at the home of the NFL’s Houston Reliant Stadium in that Texas town.
There will be another opportunity for the Big 12 against the league that has produced the last seven BCS National Champions, when TCU hosts LSU at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington the same night as the Cowboys opener.
But back to the Pokes; they’ll have to come up with a starter at quarterback, play much better defense than last year and overcome the stigma that implies the Big 12 (and every other league) bows down to the SEC.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online