OSU carrying Big 12 banner in season opener
STILLWATER, Okla. - When 14th-ranked Oklahoma State kicks off its 2013 season against Mississippi State on the final afternoon of this month, like it or not, OSU will be carrying the banner of the Big 12 Conference when they take the field at the home of the NFL’s Houston Reliant Stadium in that Texas town.
There will be another opportunity for the Big 12 against the league that has produced the last seven BCS National Champions, when TCU hosts LSU at Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington the same night as the Cowboys opener.
But back to the Pokes; they’ll have to come up with a starter at quarterback, play much better defense than last year and overcome the stigma that implies the Big 12 (and every other league) bows down to the SEC.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns