Some questioning if Duncan murder was racially motivated
15-year-old James Edwards Jr.
DUNCAN, Okla. – Some are now questioning if the shooting of Australian athlete, Christopher Lane, could be race related.
One of the three teens charged in the shooting sent out at least one tweet some are considering racist in the recent months.
In April, the youngest suspect, 15-year-old James Edwards, Jr., tweeted something some say is racist.
Now those close to the suspect are weighing in on whether the crime was racially motivated.
The suspect’s sister, Rachel Padilla, said she doesn’t think her brother is racist.
“I know that he has a lot of Caucasian with him he hangs with and the only way I would feel that he would say anything racist about anybody is because we have felt racism from some of the people here in the community of Stephens County.”
Shortly after the arrests, police said Edwards admitted to killing Lane out of “boredom.”
Two of the teens are facing first-degree murder and a third is facing lesser charges.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring