Friends, family remember Christopher Lane at Australia memorial service
MELBOURNE, Australia – Hundreds of friends and relatives of Christopher Lane, the student who was shot and killed more than a week ago in Duncan, attended a special memorial service for him in Melbourne, Australia, this weekend.
His girlfriend, Sarah Harper, traveled from the U.S. to stand alongside his parents during the service.
Players from lane’s baseball club and from the University of Melbourne were also there.
They wore black arm bands with the initials “C.L.” on them as a sign of respect.
Lane’s mother said all of the support and outpouring of love was really helping.
Forty balloons were released in Lane’s memory; that was his number when he played at the Essendon Club.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him