Friends, family remember Christopher Lane at Australia memorial service
MELBOURNE, Australia – Hundreds of friends and relatives of Christopher Lane, the student who was shot and killed more than a week ago in Duncan, attended a special memorial service for him in Melbourne, Australia, this weekend.
His girlfriend, Sarah Harper, traveled from the U.S. to stand alongside his parents during the service.
Players from lane’s baseball club and from the University of Melbourne were also there.
They wore black arm bands with the initials “C.L.” on them as a sign of respect.
Lane’s mother said all of the support and outpouring of love was really helping.
Forty balloons were released in Lane’s memory; that was his number when he played at the Essendon Club.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger