Sports talk ‘The Franchise’ to shake up radio airwaves in Okla.
OKLAHOMA CITY – For 26 years, 107.7 has been the home of classic rock.
That format has been moved to another frequency on the dial.
Radio officials said 107.7 is now known as “The Franchise,” a new sports talk format with some high-profile former Cowboys and Sooners.
Instead of Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones, folks who tune into the new 107.7 are now hearing athletes like former OU and NFL star Kelly Gregg from Edmond.
The station is banking on more star power from former OU and Dallas Cowboys player Tony Casillas on Casillas and Company.
There will be some Bedlam in the booth; the Mid-Day Mayes features former OSU gridiron stalwart Sam Mayes.
But the questions is, can the tradition become king in a town where sports talk is already a buzz on the airwaves?
The classic rock side of KRXO has been moved to 104.5 on your FM dial.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him