Zimmerman askes for $300,000 from Florida for legal fees
STANFORD, Fla.- A neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted of murdering a teenager is now asking the State of Florida to pay.
George Zimmerman’s legal teams asked Florida to pay up to $300,000 of his legal expenses.
His attorneys say that would cover the cost of bringing in expert witnesses, travel expenses and other court-related fees during his murder trial.
Under Florida law, a defendant that is found not guilty can ask the court to pay some fees associated with the case.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Hilarious! Don't you wish this was your flight attendant? We do!
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- UPDATE: Boyfriend and neighbors shaken up about woman accused of killing 6 newborns