McIntosh deputies make arrest in cold murder case
CHECOTAH, Okla.- A 53-year-old man has been arrested for a murder that occurred more than a year ago.
A McIntosh County sheriff’s detective and OSBI agent arrested 53-year-old Steven Lee Vanzant for the murder of 57-year-old Deborah Kathryn Kelso.
Kelso was found shot in the head and her home was set on fire in August of 2012.
Vanzant and Kelso lived together for many years.
Vanzant was arrested Thursday morning on one count of first-degree murder.
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Oklahoma sisters lose both parents in 48 hours; FFA community rallies behind them
- Feline Fury: Family calls 911, says 'fat, angry' cat has them trapped in bedroom
- 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's final words revealed
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger