4 ways to start your work day right
According to Forbes, four simple tasks can help you get a better start to your work day.
The article claims getting in the habit of doing these four things will almost undoubtedly make your work day better… and who doesn’t want that?
To some this may sound like a daunting task to tackle first thing in the morning.
You don’t have to start training for a marathon, just do something to get your blood pumping. It will help wake you up and jump-start your metabolism for the day.
2. Check a large rock off your calendar.
The article states, “a rock is one task you can accomplish if nothing else gets completed that day.”
When is the last time you took a minute for yourself just to recharge? You can sit quietly, think or pray. The only requirement here is to be still and quiet, if even only for a moment.
4. Eat a slow breakfast.
According to Forbes, it might be more therapeutic to have your first meal of the day sitting down and possibly on the porch instead of at your desk or in the car… or worse yet, not at all.
Completing all four tasks each morning might not always be possible with the kids, appointments, work and all the other parts of life that get in the way.
However, Forbes suggests taking time a few days a week to complete some of the recommendations will help make your mornings a little less stressful.
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- 'Super' exercise helps mother lose 110 pounds, secret in 'core'
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car