16 things you should do at start of every work day
The first few hours of your work day have a significant effect on how efficient you are the rest of the day, according to Forbes.
They said it is important to have a morning routine that sets you up for success.
1. Get to work on time.
Showing up late not only can leave a bad impression but also throw off your entire day.
2. Take a deep breath and meditate.
Slowing down and taking a minute to yourself can really center things.
3. Eat a proper breakfast.
4. Start each day with a clean slate.
5. Don’t be moody.
Pay attention to your mood and its effect on others. Could make things harder for you throughout the day.
6. Organize your day.
Forbes experts say the first hour of work if the best time to set priorities and focus on what has to get done today.
7. Be present.
Even if you’re not a morning person, you need to be awake in the office, especially if you’re in a leadership position.
8. Check in with your colleagues.
9. Organize your work space.
It’s always easier to work when you know where your tools are…
10. Remind yourself of your core purpose at work.
11. Don’t be distracted by your inbox.
Experts say not to check your email first thing in the morning. If you do, only respond to the priority messages and move on.
12. Listen to your voicemail.
So many people jump on the computer and ignore the phone. Experts say you could miss something very important this way.
13. Make important calls and emails.
14. Take advantage of a cleared mind.
15. Mix things up from time to time.
It helps give you a different perspective to get out of your regular routine.
16. Plan a mid-morning break.
This time helps you assess tasks and revitalize yourself.