Flash Point: John Doak, Insurance Commissioner touts progress in storm-affected areas
Commissioner John Doak says that great progress has been done in the processing of insurance claims from those affected by storms and tornadoes this year. But he also responds to a study that states Oklahoma has the 4th highest premiums for flood insurance.
Doak says that his commission is trying to keep the state competitive, but that three of the past four years, insurance companies have payed out more in flood insurance than they have taken in.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him