Aerial fitness trend reaching new heights in Norman
NORMAN, Okla. – A new fitness trend will have you flying through the air with the greatest of ease, well maybe not ease.
It’s called “aerial fitness.”
It is a combination of dance and strength training while hanging in the air.
Participants hang from long fabrics called silks.
The goal is to start low and build strength, flexibility and endurance to eventually progress to higher levels.
We checked to see if Oklahoma had any aerial fitness businesses.
The closest one we found is in Norman.
- Oklahoma part of major beef recall, see if your neighborhood grocery store made the list
- Woman's car payments hid her death for 6 years, body found mummified in backseat of car
- TRAGIC: Man dies from injuries after being hit with his own vehicle
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- PHOTO: Oklahoma Gov. daughter responds to photo stirring up controversy online