UPDATE: One worker killed in Bristow tank battery explosion
BRISTOW, Okla.- Authorities say one person was killed when an oil tanker exploded Wednesday morning near Bristow.
Fire crews were dispatched to an explosion involving an oil tanker around 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Deputies from the Creek County Sheriff’s Office say two young men, around 19 to 20-years-old, were working on an oil tanker.
The pair were transferring oil from one tank to another.
That’s when one of the tanks exploded, killing one of the workers.
The other worker was flown to an area hospital for treatment.
At this time, authorities do not know of an exact cause behind the explosion.
- VIDEO: Why this video is making people believe in ghosts
- Parent's worst nightmare caught on camera as alleged burglar breaks into nursery
- WATCH: Why you don't take a 'selfie' right next to a moving train
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring