School stabbing leaves one student dead, 3 injured
SPRING, Texas- At least one person is dead and three others were injured in a stabbing at a Texas high school Wednesday morning.
Officials with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office say emergency crews were called to the school around 7 a.m. by the nurse at Spring High School.
Authorities say all the suspects and victims are students at the high school, including the deceased victim who was 17-years-old.
Sheriff Adrian Garcia said investigators believe the stabbing started as a fight and escalated when someone pulled out a weapon.
Officers are looking into whether or not the crime is gang related.
Deputies detained three teenagers as persons of interest and say they are not looking for any other suspects at this time.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him