A Kansas man is shot and killed by homeowner during break-in
KANSAS CITY — A Wednesday morning crime spree ended in gunshots after a Kansas City, Missouri homeowner shot and killed the suspect.
Police say a 20-year-old man stole three cars and broke into two homes before a homeowner shot and killed the intruder in his garage.
Thursday, police identified him as 30-year-old Christopher Robinson, of Kansas City, Kansas.
Vince Frew lives a few houses down the street and fought off the intruder minutes before he was shot.
“Next thing I know, somebody comes up behind me, grabs me, and says ‘I need your car, man,’” Frew said.
Frew had to fight the man who finally ran up the street.
“I grabbed my gun and made a 911 call,” he said.
Then he heard two gunshots. Frew said his neighbor fought the intruder inside his home while his wife and child hid.
Police say that the neighbor then shot the intruder in his garage. Frew said his neighbor didn’t know whether the intruder was armed.
“He went into the garage to get in the car and apparently tried to reach into his pocket and my neighbor needed to defend himself,” Frew said.
Frew said this stranger was acting strangely.
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors