Car seat giveaways, safety checks for new guidelines in Bethany
BETHANY, Okla. – Experts are warning parents about new guidelines for child safety seats.
Studies show motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children ages one through 12.
The new guidelines may already have parents confused and more changes are expected next year.
If you want to be sure your child is safe in his or her seat, a certified child passenger safety technician will check it for you Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon at The Children’s Center in Bethany.
They will also be giving away a limited number of car seats.
The Children’s Center
6800 N.W. 39th Expressway.
Bethany, OK 73008
- WATCH: Possibly the best home Christmas light show EVER and it's right here in Oklahoma
- Naked, wet man found in guitar case near frozen pond in eastern Oklahoma
- Best Flight Ever: Canadian airliner made passengers' Christmas wishes come true
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- UPDATE: Colorado high school shooting suspect, a male student, found dead inside school