Chobani recalls yogurt contaminated with mold
WASHINGTON- A popular yogurt company is recalling some of its Greek yogurt because it may be contaminated with mold.
Chobani says it has been receiving complaints from customers about the mold causing illnesses and the yogurt bubbling.
The recall includes all flavors of Chobani in the 3.5-ounce and 6-ounce cups and 16-ounce and 32-ounce tubs.
It also includes all flavors of Chobani Bite and Chobani Champions 3.5-ounce cups, all flavors of Chobani Flip 5.3-ounce containers and Champions 2.25-ounce tubes in eight, 16 and 36-count packages.
Products marked with the code 16-012 and best-buy dates of September 11, 2013 to October 7, 2013 are affected by the recall.
Officials did not identify the type of mold that was discovered but customers complained the bacteria caused the product to swell.
Customers should contact the company for a refund.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him