Costly canines: How to manage your pet budget
OKLAHOMA CITY- When it comes to pets, sometimes it feels like you need to get a loan to afford bills associated with your furry friends.
Whether it is checkups, grooming or pet food, our four-legged family can really be costly.
On average, a family dog can cost $600 to $900 per year.
Cats cost roughly $700 per year, while other smaller pets can cost $200 to $300.
Amy Welch, with the Oklahoma Society of CPAs, stopped by our studios with ways to manage your pet budget.
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Alleged murder for hire plot leads to two more hazmat scares in metro
- Toddler argues with mother over cupcakes; 'Listen, listen, listen, Linda!'
- Businessman buys out part of Oklahoma City Thunder
- 'I just lost it;' Officials said man killed wife of 56 years because she was 'nagging' him